Wednesday, 8 December 2010

12 months already gone

Down at the Frankston foreshore one hot summer night a couple of years ago. Too hot to sleep!

Christmas about 4 years ago. Maybe 2006? Need to keep better records now!

The last time Jen came to my house. September 2009, for Jack's birthday. About 3 months before she passed away.


Hi All,

This time I really do need to apologise for the delay! Sorry! I know I promised I would blog a couple of weeks ago but life just became too busy with all the stuff leading up to the end of the school year! My report s are all written for my students now and we have a week and a half to go til our 6 week summer/Christmas holiday.

This time I promise I will be back to tell you more about Jack's adventures over the last few months (and Jamie's and mine a little too!) As I sit here typing we are having a huge storm with torrential rain, thunder and lightning! Love storms!

But this is just a short post to remember Jen as we get to the 12 month anniversary of her passing away tomorrow, 9th December. It's been, in some ways, a tumultuous year, for Jack, Jen's family and friends and myself. In other ways it's been a year of creating a new beginning for many of us, this time without Jen physically in our lives, but she is ever present in our hearts and minds. It's been a time of adjustment for Jack and Jamie especially, but also for all Jen's family and friends and also for me as I become a full time single parent.

Being there for Jen during her journey through the last year or so of her illness was rewarding, difficult, heart rending and many other things, but most of all it was a privilege. Tomorrow, Jack, Jamie and I are taking the day off and going to the cemetery (hoping to meet some of Jen's family there) Then, in the evening, the funeral directors who organised Jen's funeral are running a Christmas Memorial service for all those families who have lost friends and relatives, so we are heading to that. They give everyone the opportunity to get up and say something about their lost loved one's and Jack has expressed a wish to do so and has been writing some memories of Mum down to read out tomorrow evening. It's probably not something we will be doing every year but I think this year, although not the first without Jen, it feels like it's the first Christmas without her.

I do have the dvd of Jen's funeral and am still planning on posting it here for people to view if they wish, I just need to organise a computer expert friend to come and do it for me!

Thanks again for all your love and support over the last few years, especially over the last two years. You have all been a tower of strength for Jen, and then also for Jack and I. Words can't express what your prayers and words of support meant to us here. Thank you.

Now that my work load has eased for the next couple of months I will be back here to get you all up to speed on Jen's and my boy's progress! And it has been huge progress! He is blossoming!!

Love to you all,

David and Jack. xox

Ps. Please spare a thought and prayer for a friend, Vicki, in America. She was a great supporter of Jenni and I on here and is nursing her Mum through her last days at the moment as the cancer finally beats her. A difficult time. Love to you Vicki. Dx

16 comments:

  1. Thinking of you all during this special and difficult 12-month mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got up this morning and just knew it was the 1st anniversary without checking the date. I gladdens my heart to hear how you and the boys are getting on - she loved her boys so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. David and Jack...
    My thoughts are with you both as the one year anniversary is now here. That sounds like a beautiful way to spend the day and to honor Jen. It's hard to believe it is already a year.
    Thank you for reaching out to our blog family in support of my mother. So thoughtful of you David.
    Sending my thoughts, prayers and love to you and Jack.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. David, your strength and devotion continue to amaze me. I am so happy to hear that good things are happening for you all. Hugs & prayers as you honor Jen on the ninth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judi In Stratford Upon AvonFriday, December 10, 2010 2:30:00 am

    David, you and the boys are never far from my thoughts, neither is the wonderful Jen. With my love, Judi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hard to believe Jen has been gone for a year. Hope y'all are managing okay through a bittersweet anniversary. Can't wait to hear all the latest, David! We miss hearing from you--but it's always worth the wait! :)

    p.s. Vicki--much love and hugs going out to you and your family as you relish in the last moments of your mom's life here on earth. Thank God for our after-life!!! It's the only way for us to bear losing those we love and cherish so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think Vicki will mind me mentioning this. Our love and prayers are with you and your family as you grieve the loss of your Mum who passed away yesterday, a year to the day of Jen passing away. Take care and be gentle with yourself Vicki. Love, Jack, Jamie and David. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  8. David-here is a post I wrote on my blog to remember Jen. I wanted to share with you. http://megcasey.com/archives/401
    love across the world
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you David. It's so difficult, even though I know where Mom is and I know she must be happy. It was amazing she went to heaven on the same day as Jen, a year later. Jen was special, as are you, Jack and Jamie. I treasure her memory and treasure your friendship.
    vicki

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am thrilled to hear from you and see those pictures. Hard to believe a year has passed already. Thank you for updating us. Wishing you all a peaceful Christmas, with Jen in your hearts. Lisa L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to here from you and Jack. The fact that we all keep checking back on your blog attests to the fact that we still hold Jen's memory, and you and Jack in our thoughts and prayers. Our love to all of you.
    Shelley in SK

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the updates. You and Jack and Jamie are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. so wonderful to come on here & see all the names I came to associate with the lovely Jen~! just like a family :) David>> thank you once again for keeping us in the loop....we love to hear about "our Jack" & all of Jen's sweet family...

    we havent forgotten you....

    much love....Sue in Spokane xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really cute mom and son really great

    http://creativevideos123.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete