Monday, 11 January 2010

Road trip! Bye for now.

Hi All,

Just a quick note to say thanks again for the support Jack, Jamie and I constantly get on here. Jack and I went down to have dinner with Jamie and Makeo (Jamie's girlfriend) on Thursday and Lee and her husband Mark ended up with us too. We had a wonderful evening and I think Jamie went home quite happy. This afternoon Jack and I headed down there again to Jenni's Mum's (Sandra) for a birthday BBQ for Jamie and despite the heat had a lovely afternoon with the family. Jack had a great time having water fights with his cousin Tommy and the rest of us lazed around and ate and drank! We were a little late and missed the grown up version of the water fight apparently!

Well, Jack and I head off (finally) on our road trip tomorrow and I think it will be a good day to be in the air conditioned car. The forecast is for 43 degrees Celsius in Melbourne (well over 110 degrees Fahrenheit I believe!) and only slightly less as we head east and then north up the coast. It's about 6-7 hours drive I think but we will be taking our time and not planning on anything other than enjoying the drive and maybe the odd quick swim along the way. Hopefully by the time we arrive in Tathra the evening will be cooling and my relatives will have the BBQ cooked and a cold drink for Jack and I! The next couple of days up there are forecast to be in the mid to high 30's again so not much relief but we will be camping across the road from the beach so plenty of time in the water I think.

Sorry I haven't got the photos of Jen when she was healthier up yet but I have one in mind and I need to scan it and haven't worked out how to do that yet. Will get it up when we get back and will post some of the trip too. Am looking forward to visiting old friends in Sydney I haven't seen for over ten years and a mate's place just north of Sydney that I have never visited. He keeps coming down home so finally it's my turn to head there. Jack's excited and we have been planning what to take and where to go for the last few days.

Anyway, must go and get some sleep for the long drive tomorrow. Take care and I'll post on our return.

Love,

David.

21 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update. So glad that Jamie had an awesome time. Hoping your trip with Jack is full of adventure. Lisa L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a blast. The weather here is horrendous, so the idea of travelling around Oz sounds very appealing! Keep going David, you a doing one hell of a good job. Jen would be proud xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful trip, David! Thanks so much for keeping in touch. It's good to hear that Jaimie is doing well and that Jack too is flourishing. It's cold and snowy here in Boston. Can you send some of that heat and sunshine over here?! Wishing you a very happy time.
    Cathy B in Boston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a fabulous trip. The beach sounds wonderful right now!

    Best to you and yours,

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you and Jack have a delightful holiday, David!

    Cindy in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got home after spending New Year's Eve in New York City. It was snowy and cold there! Even here in Oregon the temps are well below your hot summer temps. Best wishes to you and Jack as you set out on your holiday adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you safe and happy travels. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. David,

    I have to say those hot temps sound so nice...as I am just freezing here! It sounds like such a great father/son trip. Have an excellent time!

    xo,

    annie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a safe and relaxing trip.
    Nicky from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you both have a nice vacation,you both deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Judi in Stratford Upon AvonTuesday, January 12, 2010 7:22:00 am

    Have a wonderful trip and we'll look forward to seeing your holiday photo's when you get back - I'm off to put yet another layer of clothing on as it's sooooo bloomin' cold here!
    Love as ever, Judi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a great time you two! I'm looking forward to hearing all the fun details, and PICTURES! Here's to a wonderful, safe journey!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's weird to hear you talk about horrible heat when it's so freaking cold here in Dallas!!! ha. I'll never complain about the heat again!!! :) Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a great time. I will check back in a while to see how you all are doing. Love, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  15. My youngest daughter is in Australia until 13 February---she'll be departing from Sydney. It's a long way from NE OH in the States, but what an amazing opportunity!
    Wishing you a lovely trip

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have a wonderful time! It is nice to hear that you all are doing OK.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have a happy and safe trip. It is certainly well deserved. God bless. :)

    ~ Wendy in New York
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have a beautiful time, you certainly deserveit.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have a wonderful holiday David and Jack!

    Hugs from the beach!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete