Thursday, 9 July 2009

Doing Okay...

I am doing okay my dear friends, just thought I'd let you all know what's going on with me. Well, you know I had the saddle block put in my spine last time I was in Hospice, it has been really great at stopping the pain but stopped working about a week ago. I have managed to stay on top of the pain just! This very morning though, I am off to Hospice and am having a procedure done whereby they top up the original saddle block with the pain medicine and I should hopefully enjoy another eight weeks (approximately) relatively pain free. I will stay tonight and if all goes well be home tomorrow. Jack is with his Daddy and they are off to the snow and catching up with cousins etc, so he will be having a wonderful time, school holidays are almost over so I need to be back on deck by Sunday at the latest, uniforms ready, books etc. This saddle block top up comes not a moment too soon as the pain has been giving me a run for my money and has had me layed up for the past week or so. I am really looking forward to being pain free.

I think I have found my 'Girl Friday'! By that I mean someone who will come in and clean, iron, shop a little, a bit of this and that. My family are prepared to help me with the financial side of having someone like that and I am truly looking forward to being able to hand over the reins to someone that is happy to earn a living taking care of us. I can then focus on the important stuff! So exciting. I am truly so lucky to be in a position to be able to do this as I just can't keep up any longer. Running a home is a huge amount of work and when you are ill, it is nigh on impossible to do it well, so a sigh of relief from me and gratitude that there are folks that enjoy taking care of others as a living.

Anyway must run as I am literally leaving for Hospice in a minute or two. Take care and I will update again very soon.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

14 comments:

  1. Oh, good news, Jen! Glad they're able to get you out of pain. You sound upbeat too which is relief to us thinking about you! Take Care and write soon. Keeping you lifted up in prayer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a post with happy news! So glad you found your help around the house...and good to hear you are getting remedicated as well!! You continue to hang in there...you are amazing. Sending love and prayers to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You, my dear, have the most positive attitude of anyone on the planet! You are beyond inspiring. Here's to the pain-free 8 weeks or so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update, Jen. I'm so glad you are getting some relief from the pain and help with the housework. I clean for a couple of senior citizens once a week. My own house, not so much! Hugs, :Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking good thoughts for you! So glad you're getting more pain relief and some help too - yay!!
    Sending my best,
    Cate in California

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for checking in, dear Jen. I hope the top off does the job, and that your pain will be controlled.

    Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you have this option to control the pain. And I'm very happy that someone is there to help out finally. Hugs Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope all goes well with the procedure and you are home and feeling much better very very soon. Glad you are getting your girl friday - it should give you such relief and be great for you to enjoy your time vs cleaning the house!! Yah
    God bless, love and many prayers.
    Nicky from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen...it is all good news and so welcome to see this new posting from you :*) I know we all worry so when we dont hear from you~!

    blessings to you my friend and prayers going up for you always xo

    Sue from Spokane

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was just thinking of you! Glad you are hanging in and that the pain is under control
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fairy Jenni,
    Lots of love to you my dear. My prayers keep on flowing to you. It's good to hear from you :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope the top-up goes well and pleased that you have found someone to lighten the load around the house - you have more important things to spend your energy on. Hope David take some photos of Jack in the snow for you.
    Love and hugs
    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jen,
    Good luck with the procedure ... I will be thinking of you. I am so glad you found someone to help you at home. You are right it is tons of work...and so hard when you are ill. Sending you love...

    annie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, congrats on finding your "Girl Friday"! That is wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete