Wednesday, 15 April 2009

Let Me Clarify...

You know I hope I'm doing the right thing placing this here because I tossed around the idea of placing it in the comments section but then I thought that it would be easily missed and so I decided that you are all here for basically the same reasons - to be supportive of me and to help me through a very difficult journey, so I believe that we can be honest and upfront with each other whilst always keeping in the forefront of our minds that the people who come here have the very best of intentions in every way. Please my friends, let me make very clear here in this post that in no way whatsoever, was me mentioning in my last post about the financial problems that have arisen, a cry for help of a monetary nature. If I wanted that, I guess I would ask. It didn't even enter my head for one second that the post may come across like a plea for financial assistance. My darling Alice, you, of course, have brought to my attention that my last post may have sounded that way. I want to tell you that I appreciate your great big heart so very much and I think you are a brave, warrior woman - but my darling, being that you are a relative newcomer to this blog, you may not have been around when these very people who visit me here raised over $3,000 for me through an ebay auction last year. I don't tell you this to in any way embarrass you but just so you know! I love you for wanting to help me this way and for wanting to bring everyone else on board, you have made me smile like mad with your wonderful, passionate, very caring soul and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for wanting to reach out and try to do something to help me but I have been well and truly helped and am still reeling from the generosity of my blog family here. I should also clarify that nothing is definite yet in terms of this stuff up with the Oncologist. He has been away and therefore we haven't been able to speak with him. He may acknowledge he has made the mistake and fix it. I guess it's possible, right? Then perhaps it's possible that it wasn't his error, maybe the drug company made the mistake, so we have to really look into this before we panic and hopefully there will be an easy answer and someone will be made accountable. If not and we are left holding the bill then we will worry and then you may see me here with virtual hat in hand sitting on the kerb...

6 comments:

  1. Worded so beautiful jen, as you have a gift to do. It was a request to participate in the auction last year that first brought my attention to you and your blog. Meg, Jen L. and Bella have a heart of gold to put together such a show of love. If you need help jen, your blog family is here to offer whatever support is needed, which includes love, prayers and anything else you need. We are here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgive me Jen, you are quite right, I had no idea that your blogeurs had raised money for you in the past and I most certainly therefore would hate to offend those who have been so generous with their time and money. Nevertheless, if you were in dire straits I do hope you'd holler. Much love, ALice xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure this has probably been suggested before, but have you thought about getting in touch with your local government rep/MP etc about your situation? When my Mam was sick I went to our local representitive and he was wonderful in being able to cut through the red tape regarding finding her a bed in the hospital when the doctor said it would be at least a week for a bed plus getting help with paying for her meds.

    Thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, You are such a beautiful person.
    Hugs,
    Dodie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh! OK Sweetie, I guess I'll have to tear up that huge check...LOL. I wonder if there is an Insurance Commissioner or Board to whom you (or someone on your behalf) could appeal if the Doc isn't going to play fair?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just say the word, Jen, and I'm sure everyone would be more than happy to give what they can. Personally, I would welcome the opportunity to add some action to my prayers!

    ReplyDelete