Sunday, 21 December 2008

Rules of the Blogosphere...










Hi dear blog family, I recently read somewhere that the rules of the blogosphere are to post everyday for one thing. This I would find incredibly difficult recently but because I know you all care and worry I am going to try and just post a little something more often, say two to three times per week. Even if it is just a few lines. I won't bother going into the other rules because to be honest I thought they were a little far fetched. Anyway a quick update here is that I had chemo yesterday, it wasn't bad at all. I got there and my gorgeous nurses had me a private bed in my own room so I was able to read my book in peace and managed to have a lovely sleep, I had a heartfelt chat with one of my favorite nurses, she cried, I cried - she's a mum too and it seems all professional objectivity flies out the window in the face of what I am going through. These women have worked with me for what is coming up for six years so they are entitled to feel something and you know what, it makes it so much nicer for me to be treated by women that care about me so much. I am even starting to believe my crusty old oncologist has a sneaking soft spot for me! Something I mentioned to him the day before chemo at an appointment I had with him was all around the chemo ward by the time I got there at 9.30am the following morning. It was only about me moving to the country and I didn't say to him whether I would be or wouldn't be I actually just wanted his opinion on the move, he was all for it, obviously really keen to have told the nurses that I was moving to the country. I think he was proud of me for trying to do the right thing by Jack even though I was nervous leaving behind what I have here at home. Anyway, we all had a giggle about it at chemo next morning when I looked so shocked that he had told them. Not that I wouldn't have, it was just such a surprise that he had taken the time to do so! A bit of a control freak I'm tipping!

So anyway my rather long drawn out point is this, the treatment was not bad at all and I believe that the love and care I am receiving whilst my body is drinking in the chemotherapy is helping to balance out the toxicity, so I am somehow coping better with it when I get home.

Another thing I wanted to mention to you is that I honestly wanted to have beautiful, handmade Christmas cards made, written on and sent out to you all in time for Christmas and I am just so sad that I haven't been able to do that. Honestly I sometimes wonder why I set the bar so high, had I just thought that I'd buy some cards and post those, I probably would have got it done and that would have been better than nothing but because I am a paper crafter (of sorts), it had to be perfect and therefore, which is so damn typical of perfectionists, we often don't get it done at all and end up upset and frustrated. Please don't take your lack of card or possible late card (I'm doing it again) as any reflection of how much I love and appreciate you and please believe me when I say how often I have thought about it and wanted to get it done but there are so many of you and I set the goal to high. I will type a post on wishing you all a Merry Christmas closer to the day and I'm afraid that will have to do this year. Then if I start making cards straight after this Christmas, I may just have next years ones done for you!!! Love to you all and more soon.

24 comments:

  1. Jen,
    It's so good to see you post. I check everyday to see how you are doing and I get thrilled when I see a new post!

    The pictures are beautiful!!!
    Happy Holidays
    Hugs to you & Jack,
    Dodie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, thank you so much for the post. It is such a comfort to see you here.

    You silly! Don't give Christmas cards another thought. I know that "seeing" you here is all the Christmas anyone could want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenni... I'm so glad that you're getting as potent a dose of love as you are chemotherapy. I'd hate to have to guess which was more potent.

    I'm still toying with cards. Promised myself I'd get to it this year. I'll probably end up doing what's happened a few times before... sending out "How was your Christmas" cards. lol. Yep.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, posting is thrill enough for us! we would rather enjoy stories of you and your sons than hear that you have been slaving at cards - boring reading ...; ) hope the chemo love cocktail is doing some magic and that you have a relatively comfortable christmas xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jen,

    I am so glad you have loving people around you when you are having the chemo...

    And totally dont worry about the cards! I agree with everyone that your posts are all we need! It is so nice to see a new one come up on the screen...

    I will be thinking of you this holiday season,

    annie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your holiday photos, please don't stress about cards (or anything else for that matter). I am so happy to read a line or two from you and know you are OK. It is nice reading about the nurses and dr. - sometimes people surprise us in a GOOD way and it is lovely.

    I dedicated my medication class to you on Monday - hope you felt it!

    Love, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, Jen, your photos are beautiful. Wishing you and your family the best..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry you are in good company - I was going to have all my cards made and delivered early this year - they are still in pieces on my table!
    I think the calm and caring atmosphere at chemo helps. I really admire the nurses who work there.
    Sending you hugs and prayers daily,
    love karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's hoping you and your family have a peaceful and relaxing Christmas!!

    Love you and are thinking of you,

    Cindy in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post was better than a Christmas card. So happy to hear you are getting some love along with the chemo... May the love and light of Jesus fill you heart and home this Christmas! Hugs to you and, if they don't mind, your boys :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so funny! We should be sending cards to YOU as much as you entertain us everyday! What's your address? ha.

    God bless you and your family (and your toxic chemotherapy)!!! Just sit back and enjoy your time with the boys, David, and your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you realise just how selfish you are? How about thinking about your family and the way you treat them/ talk about them - you criticize David even though you thank him for his efforts but then you come out with a back-hander. You must realise that no-one is perfect, including yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jen,
    Oh don't you worry about Christmas cards girl. I'm just happy your chemo is going ok...I've been thinking about you. Just relax dear and enjoy your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just knowing that you wanted to make the cards is enough for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jen ~ great to hear from you!
    I don't think that I could keep up with the posting every day all year!
    It is wonderful to just hear from you and to hear that things are going ok
    Take care my sweet friend ~ thinking of you often
    love and hugs Tabitha XXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh great, another 'anonymous' soul that feels the need to waste my time and everyone else's by making a comment on how selfish I am. For goodness sake just because I thank someone and appreciate their efforts doesn't mean that that person can do no wrong and I am very well aware that I am far from perfect but still this is my blog and the story the way I see it. You don't like it, you don't read it, in fact I think I'd prefer you didn't. I am putting comment moderation back on as I just don't believe in giving your type of mentality air space at my expense.
    Ta ta....

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's always "anonymous", isn't it? Aren't brave enough to leave their names.

    Thinking of you, Jen. Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jen, hope your Christmas is truly a special one for you this year, even if just spent quietly with the boys.

    We look forward in spending 2009 reading of your adventures Down Under!

    LOve to you and yours!!! XXOO

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jenni, You are such a dear! You are caring for others all the time during your sickness.....you have such a special light in you. It will never be blown out! Enjoy your Christmas and New Year season!
    Ruthie from California

    ReplyDelete
  20. Merry Christmas sweet Jen! It was so good to check in on you and see you have updated. I'm glad to hear your chemo is going well, and you have a great group of nurses. I'm sorry I've been a little side tracked lately...my very dear friend of 20 years was diagnosed 2 weeks ago with colon cancer, that is also in her liver. They did surgery last wednesday. The cancer was in the top part of her colon, and they found 3 additional lesions on her liver they weren't aware of (they knew of 2). But she is doing well...still in the hospital...and the doctors are hopeful.

    My daughter's wedding is a week from tomorrow, so that has kept me very busy as well...but I just want to make sure you know I am thinking of you this beautiful holiday season, and continue to pray for you. It is such a blessing to know you Jen. I love you... and sending Christmas wishes along with many hugs and kisses.

    Don't think twice about not sending those handmade Christmas cards...I bought cards and didn't even address them. I guess there is always next year... :o)

    Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Merry Christmas sweetie! Don't worry about cards....enjoy every solitary second with your amazing family. Glad the chemo went well for you. Huge hugs to you and take good care.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Christmas Jen! I think of you often and hope that you all enjoy a peaceful holiday.

    Take care,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete