Saturday, 11 October 2008

Not really an update

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for all the messages for Jenni. I haven't been able to get them to her yet. We are an hour away and her printer isn't working. We haven't been to see her and won't be going tomorrow either, she's not feeling great according to her Mum and has tubes everywhere, etc. Jack is doing well at home and while the weather is fine and he's been invited to a friend who lives opposite the beach, I think that's a whole lot more fun and a better option for a 7 yo boy. Besides, it's looking possible that she could well be back in hospice only 5-10 minutes away in 2-3 days so I think we will wait for that and keep his routine "normal" for the next few days.

Shaun, I hope you understand but I don't think it's my place to hand out Jenni's email address without her permission. As soon as I see her/speak with her I will check she's ok with it and pass it on. Hope you understand my position.

I just spoke to Jenni's Mum who went to see her today and she said she had been sitting up in a comfy, recliner chair for a large part of the day and she was exhausted. She's not much interested in food but eating a little. According to her Mum she now seems to understand that they didn't operate but she isn't talking about it.

Ok, more info, just spoke to her best friend who went to see her yesterday. She is still very heavily drugged and so far there is no talk about when she's coming back to hospice. Sorry this post is all over the place. I spoke to her Mum and best friend, Lee, after I started typing so, the story changed slightly as I went.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers and I will get all the messages to her as soon as I can. Take care everyone.

David.

17 comments:

  1. Hi David,
    Thank you so much for posting. I'm devastated by the news about Jenni. It's been a year that I come here to communicate with her and friendship is a fact. Now more than ever she has my support, love and care and distant Reiki. She is special in my heart and in everybody's hearts of all friends that come here.
    A warm hug for Jack and you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear David,

    Thanks you for keeping us all informed. I too am devastated by this news, for Jenni and all of you. Even though we have never met, I think of you all daily. I will continue to have hope. Please let us know if there is anything we can do...

    annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending wishes and hugs Jenni! Praying for you each and every day. Hugs for Jack and you both. Lisa L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again, David, thank you for the continued updates. My heart is broken and there are really no words. Just let her know how much we love her. You are the one...and only...person that can make this easier on her, because you are such a great dad and she knows Jack is taken care of. Thank you from all of us for giving Jen the piece of mind she so desperately needs.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. David, Thank you for keeping us informed on Jen. She's a strong lady & I know she will be fine. Hugs and Prayers, Dodie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou David I know this must be terribly tough for you to relay. Please ad me to the list of well wishers to Jen. This is a shock as she was so positive and hopeful in regards to this very radical surgery, but she will get through this with total grace and dignity. She is a gorgeous soul your Jen and although we are only cyber friends, (we have spoken a few times on the ph and over the net) I feel I have known her for a lifetime!
    Carmel James

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christine from Washington, DCSunday, October 12, 2008 2:29:00 am

    David, thank you for updating us, and for taking such good care of Jack. I know that it's a huge relief to Jen to know that he's with his father. We continue to say prayers for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally understand your not feeling comfortable giving out her address. I don't need her email, that I have. I just need an address to send her something. Please tell her she is in my prayers and thanks again for the updates.
    Shaun

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much, David, for keeping us posted about our dear Jenni. Please give her a big hug from us when you see her, tell her we love her and are here for her always.
    Cathy B

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the update, I am keeping Jen in my thoughts and prayers.
    Sending her all my love and a big hug XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks David for the updates as you can gather everyone is very thankful to you for keeping us informed.

    sending all my love to her and lots of hugs.

    Leeanne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks again for the information David - a day with his friend is the perfect thing for Jack. I can totally understand that Jen doesn't want to talk yet. Sending my love and lots of hugs. She is always in my thoughts.
    Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. David,
    We are so grateful for you taking over Jen's post. If not for you, we would have no information about our sweet girl and precious Jack!

    And you're going a great job, too, I have to say despite the lack of experience! ha.

    Thanks for being there for her and Jack. Tell her she's missed and in our prayers throughout the day AND night!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you. Thank you for doing all that you are doing to keep all of us who care so deeply, yet are so far away, to know how things are going. Continuing prayers, Anne in Va

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you again, David, for keeping us all informed here. Jen has been on my mind and knowing how she is doing is good, even if the news isn't.
    Jen...when you get here to read this, know that I am heartbroken for you as I know how desperately you wanted this.
    Cancer sucks. Period.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks David for another update. Jen has been in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so glad Jack is doing okay since I know that's really important to Jen.

    Jen...when you're able to read this...you be tough sweet friend. Nothing is impossible with our God.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many miles away yet so many people are thinking of you and wishing that you could be spared all this pain. You are so strong and determined that I will never accept to hear that you have EVER given up. You have too many more things in this world to accomplish. For now? Just take care of yourself and let others care for you. Take all the love you are being sent and let that be a healing. Your name has surely been brought before the Lord God for healing and peace and will continue. Stay strong. Neena

    ReplyDelete