Tuesday, 24 June 2008

Results of Auction...


Well, I am just so excited and grateful to be able to tell you all how much money you raised for me through the Ebay Auction and Paypal donations. I had the pleasure of receiving a cheque from Bella last week, in the amount of $3,300.00. How wonderful is that? Thank you all so very much from the bottom of my heart. I am completely overwhelmed to know that people I haven't ever had the pleasure of meeting put their hearts and souls into this and made beautiful works of art, jewellery, amazing framed photographs, just so very many wonderful and thoughtful things were donated. I simply cannot thank each person individually as it is too difficult and I would hate to accidentally leave anyone out and cause offense so this is just a great big thank you to all of you that put in from your hearts, you know who you are, may you be blessed tenfold for your kindness and generosity.

I haven't ever had anything like this done for me before and I just look at the cheque in absolute wonder and disbelief. I really want to frame it, it is just so touching, really! However, I will put it in the bank and start using it to make my battle with this disease a bit easier, thank you, thank you, thank you. I will be able to do things for myself now that I simply would not have been able to do before so it is a huge thing you have done, I love you all and am so grateful that I have such beautiful people coming to this blog. It is magical and I love my blog because of all of you, that's what makes it such a special place for me to come, when I'm feeling a bit down, when I'm happy, when I am just bursting with wanting to share something wonderful, I know I can come here and be heard and loved by all of you, my special angels on earth. Quite apart from the cheque, I receive parcels every now and then to cheer me up and these warm my heart, I have had scrapbook supplies sent to me, books and more books, beautiful cards, pyjamas, candles, moisturisers, hand knitted hats and scarves, notebooks and pens - all sorts of beautiful, pampering and uplifting things - a handmade book which I treasure. You are all so special I can't even find words strong enough to express my feelings to you all. I just wish I could have a moment with each of you and give you a big hug and look you in the eyes and thank you. You would be able to look in my eyes and see the sincere gratitude and love shining there. I can feel it filling me up and nurturing me. There are no more words except THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH. XXX

15 comments:

  1. So happy to have been part of this dear one and am so excited that it brought in so much. I am thrilled you have these resources to help your healing process. love to you
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings to you, Jen. I'm so glad it was so successful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just fantastic Jen and I am so pleased for you!! I can't think of anyone who deserves it more.
    Take care my dear friend,
    Thinking of you!!
    love and hugs ~ Tabitha XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. you deserve this and so much more. i hope that it goes further than you can imagine. bless you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so wonderful to hear Jen... Can you colour photocopy the cheque and frame that??? Then you will still always have that emory.... just a thought!!
    Have been looking for you on skype but we must keep missing each other. As usual life here is just mental.... sigh!!!!!

    Carmel

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Jen. That's so fantastic. Hope it helps!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't think of anyone on earth who is more deserving of unexpected blessings than you, Jen! We wish we could meet you (and your family too) and give you each a big hug and smooch for everything you've had to endure since being diagnosed. HOpe that check brings you many spoils!!! Have fun with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You deserve it, babe! I'd like to suggest that you take part of that stash and do something fun and life affirming with it!

    Abundant love,

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi jen- i found you via biscotti brains blog this is so fantastic to hear about all who participated with and for you!!! I have had cancer strike many family and friends I love reading about your journey and the moms with cancer you share with I am sure you inspire so many who may never comment let alone all the ones who do you really do have a comfy place here and you are an aussie to boot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's awesome.
    i don't knit or do cool crafts, so if i ever did send something like that you may just decide to have a bonfire, ha.
    is it a sweater or a caterpillar, i can't tell what the heck she knit?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so happy to have been part of this, Jen. (I am the maker of the little blue Santa)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jen, I have always followed your blog, but have never felt that I could add more than what was already voiced by others. So I read and think of you often. Today I hope I can help you a little. If you ask your bank, they should be able to process and retrieve your cheque. They can replace it with a substitute document. If necessary ask for a supervisor or the manager as it is an uncommon procedure and junior staff may not know of it. There may be a charge for this sevice, but it is worth it. If you have not yet banked it, ask then to stamp the cheque carefully, or even on the back, so as not to cover the writing. I did this years ago so as to keep a cheque that was used in a stunning practical joke on a friend - I am so glad I did. Sent with love and healing wishes, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree! I am very happy to have been a part of this too! I hope the money brings you good and healing things!

    ReplyDelete