Saturday, 7 June 2008

I Feel Better Now...

Hello to my beautiful, beautiful, supporters. Good news is I feel so much better. The depression has lifted like a weight off my shoulders. I attribute this to a few things, one is the antibiotics are working and the infection is clearing (it was an infection causing all the agony), I am not convinced they are strong enough to completely get rid of it but most of it has gone! I may need another course of them or even intravenous antibiotics that are even stronger. I am on the strongest you can get without using the drip. Secondly I joined a wonderful site called Planet Cancer.

It has helped my state of mind immensely. There is an Australian Group there and I have met a couple of amazing people from my own country, Mums that are fighting or have fought. One of them has completed a University Degree in helping to set up different support methods as here in Oz our support for people with cancer under 60 is woeful. I have found that really difficult as I need to be able to go somewhere and talk to other young (ish) mothers that are fighting cancer as I know they understand. Also I can learn some coping techniques and perhaps offer some as well. Anyway it has been a blessing and she is a wonderful person who survived against all odds and has now dedicated her life to helping others with cancer mostly young (ish) adults which is an area that is so neglected, I have told her that I will do anything I can to help her as long as I am up to it.

Thirdly I have been invited to author on a new blog which I will tell you all about on Monday which is our grand opening day. It will be a wonderful blog and I am proud to be invited to be a part of it. It is something productive that I can do that has just helped a little bit. I am hopeful that you will follow me over there and take a look.

I want to thank you all so very much (again) for being so wonderfully kind and supportive to me. I honestly don't know how I would make it through without my support people on this blog. This has helped me more than I can say. Although I couldn't post for a while, I still knew that I wouldl come back and always will, because I love all of you so much. Your comments on my past two posts have lifted me and wrapped around me like a warm and comforting blanket. Thank you so much for your prayers and good wishes, I wish I could put into words how much it means to me but I just cannot explain it properly. Okay more soon, take good care of yourselves and each other.

Things I Am Grateful For Today

Jack is with me and safe and loved.

You all and your uplifting, caring comments.

The Internet.

My Brand New Nephew.

My Friends Amanda and Lee.

My Home and Garden.

My Pain Easing a Lot.

The Fact That I'm Alive and Able to Spend Time With Jack and Jamie.

Medicine.

28 comments:

  1. Jen,
    Can't wait to hear about your new endeavor...sounds exciting and so, so good for you.
    I'm so glad you're feeling better, and grateful and finding great support where you are. Lots of good news in this post; I'm so happy to hear it.
    You are in my thoughts often, even though we don't "know" eachother, but I hold your needs and trials close to my heart.
    Take care,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would be feeling better... (just knew it!)... I've been checking in on you. I'm so glad you're feeling a bit more yourself. Can't wait to read about the new things on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay Jen - I'm SO glad things are looking up for you - it's truly made my day to hear you sound so cheerful (and that doesn't mean I think you should only be cheerful on your blog, because I think you should be however you want or need to be!!!)I'm just glad you're feeling happier and have found some more support.


    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better and that the pain is subsiding. What great news about the other blog sounds great.

    cheers

    Leeanne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jen,

    So glad to read that you are feeling better! I look forward to seeing your new blog on Monday...

    annie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been checking for a new blog entry from you first thing every morning since your last one. Thanks for making my day today!! You sound great and your energy feels wonderful!! I certainly will be one of your followers to your new venture. God bless ~ Wendy : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pleased those anitbiotics have helped and that you have found a group that can give you support. It is very important. Great about the new blog...might have something to do with the new link? There is lots to be grateful for this week
    love and prayers
    K xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there Cutie Patootie! I am dancing the dance of a Happy Camper with the thought that you are feeling better. Sock it to that infection monster with all the stuff you can crush it with Girl!! I am so pleased to hear the relief in your Voice ... I really, really am, Jen!

    Know that not one day goes by without me thinkin' of, sending all that is good to, and lovin' the dickens out of You!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Jenni,
    Thank you so much for your message and it's really good to know your pain is easing.
    Always sending love!
    A huge hug for you! ;o)
    Bete

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you're feeling better. I've been thinking about and praying for you, hoping you'd be back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jen,
    I pray that the pain will be extinguished and held at bay forever. You have a wonderful attitude and are seeking out help for yourself as you reach out to help others. That is what this life journey is all about, isn't it....loving other people. We are all here to support you, Jen. Perhaps the support for people in Oz (I am assuming that is short for Australia) with cancer younger than 60 won't look so bleak or woeful after you get involved! I am
    amazed at the person you are, Jennifer Ballantyne; you still seek out ways to help others while you are in such need yourself. You are beautiful!

    Ruthie from California

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoo hoo -- you sound better already. I am so glad that something is helping your spirits . . . I've been worried about you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jen, I am so happy to read your post, and to know that you are feeling better.

    I can't wait to read your new venture.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear wondrous Jenni! Hooray! So happy that you're feeling better and that you've found a new support group. So healing! Prayers and love are sailing across the ocean to you every day! Onwards, Jenni!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Today I am grateful that, #1 you are feeling better, #2 have some new support, and #3 you have given us something to look forward to this coming Monday.
    Happy Weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you are feeling well (I have been so worried about you) and I am so excited to hear about your new blog. It sounds great. I am grateful you are feeling better and I look forward to catching up soon. Love to you
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jen, It is just so great to hear you sounding so well and so positive, this new group that you have found sounds like it has done you the world of good. I am so so happy that you are feeling a bit better and that the medicine is helping!!
    Take care my friend ~ sending love and hugs ~ as always, Tabitha XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Jen!

    There is so much I could say, but don't really know how, so I'll just tell you once again that every night when I wake up I am praying for you...and I am praying for complete healing! Might as well, huh? And every morning first thing I look for your blog to see if you've updated. And I think about you during the day and shoot up some quickie prayers for you and Jack. When you are down, I get down too. When you are up I'm so happy for you. (My hair is coming back, but my fingernails are going away. Have you had this?)

    Love you!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yay! I'm so pleased to hear that you are feeling better. That has to be so wonderful to get some relief.

    Hugs to you.
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a lovely post this is, i am so grateful for the lifting in your spirit and the easing of your pain...and i cannot wait to visit you on your new blog...congrats on finding a 'community' of other women where you can share and be comforted...we all need that so much.

    have a beautiful and blessed day jeni,

    hugs and GOD bless you and your boys today,
    shelbi

    ReplyDelete
  21. oops. sorry jeni, thats me (keeperofthechocolates) signed in on my jewelry site acct!"dancing hannah' by accident.... just in case you did not know :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. yay!! for feeling better..and being where you are! With your boys... at your house... and in your garden! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jen,
    I'm so happy you are feeling better, you are such a trooper and inspiration. I can't wait to see what you're up to on the other blog, I'm sure you are going to be great. I'm also happy you found Planet Cancer, and that you have found the support that you need. Thinking of you daily.
    Hugs,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Jen! I can "hear" the excitement and joy in your post and I praise God for it. Thank you Lord! I'm excited to hear more about your new blog endeavor. I'm still keeping you in my prayers sweet friend.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  25. I’m so happy to hear that you’re feeling better and that you’ve found an amazing support network. I’ll be back to find out about the exciting new blog!

    ReplyDelete