Thursday, 8 May 2008

A Special Thank you...











Yes I have a big thank you to say today, actually it is a little overdue but you know what they say, 'better late than never' boy am I glad there is a saying like that. Anyway, I will just tell you the story first, one of my readers who really stood out to me because she always left beautiful comments and then started sending me the most beautiful, supportive emails, her name is Susan Hedley, I hope she doesn't mind me giving her name publicly like that but then how can I thank her properly if I don't? Anyway she has a church group and there is a group of teenage girls that she supports there, they got together and made me the most beautiful, uplifting book of get well messages and supportive letters and well just kind, thoughtful, lovely things in it. It is all handmade and is so pretty, the girls have even included photos of themselves and also a little bit of information about themselves. They all tell me they are praying for me. I am just so very touched, a lot of effort went into this beautiful keepsake and I treasure it.

People are so kind aren't they, this blog has really brought the world to me and I have been privileged to make the acquaintance of some truly amazing people, it has really given me a new, stronger faith in humanity which I am grateful for. These young girls are going to do something special with their lives given half the chance. I can tell because here they are already as young girls, taking the time to care about someone elses troubles and problems. They had read my blog, they knew all about me so they obviously paid attention which meant they cared. They then cared enough to get to work and put their caring thoughts into actions and made me something beautiful. I know they will be wonderful adults one day as they have already learned the value of being thoughtful and caring and then doing something about it, putting actions with their kind thoughts. That really is something wonderful and I want to personally thank each and every gorgeous girl that went to the effort of making me something so beautiful and uplifting. I will truly treasure it and what it stands for and whenever I am feeling a bit flat I will open it and start reading and it will bring a smile to my face.

So to Ashton, Chelsea, Dawana, Kimberley, Haley, Karla, Cindy, Alma, Natalie, Daniela, Jordan, Kim, Ashley, Sue, Tatyana and Leslie and of course dear, dear Susan, I thank you sincerely for making this precious journal for me to keep, I shall treasure it and keep it where I can see it, you are the sweetest group of girls anyone could ever meet and I wish great things for each and every one of you, I know I don't have to worry on that count as you are well on your way with beautiful qualities like you already have. Thank you dear girls, take good care of yourselves, with love and hugs, your friend Jen xx PS: I forgot to mention that Jack absolutely loved it too!

Edited to add: there were many more beautiful pictures in this journal however each page has a photo of one of the girls on there and I am not sure that I should put them on the internet as they are young and quite vulnerable so I can only show the pages without photos which is a shame because the ones with photos are so beautiful, still I wouldn't feel right showing them on the web just in case.

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely thing to receive, it looks like they put such alot of work into it.
    Hope you are well.
    love and hugs
    Tabitha X

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great bunch of girls! Look at all the kindness you're bringing out of people, Jen.

    Have a lovely day. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome what these girls have done in love for you, Jen.
    What a beautiful gift. By thanking them so graciously and publicly, I am hoping that people will truely realize how much impact a gesture of kindness can make. We should all be spurred on to pass this message of hope and encouragement to others. We all know people who are down and in need of a kind word, or someone who is sick and needs to know that they are being thought of and prayed for. Reach out, take risks, send a card, write that email, hold someone's hand while they cry, step out of our comfort zones and make a difference! Don't wait another day! What a great tesimony to the human spirit! You have encouraged others to reach out with your loving spirit, Jen.

    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theresa@take a sentimental journeySaturday, May 10, 2008 12:08:00 am

    Hi Jen , just found you through Beverly at How Sweet The Sound .Isn't she a wonderful person !
    I just wanted to let you know that I am putting you in my prayers,I hope God blesses you each day and surrounds you with love and comfort.
    I am a almost 3 yr. esophagus cancer survivor. It has been a long HARD haul ! PLEASE email me if you need to talk to anyone at anytime, day or night. I promise I will answer you .Hugs to you !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen,
    You don't know me, but my daughter is the Kimberly that you mentioned in this special book. I work with Sue (as well as others) with this amazing group of young women. I cannot express my love for each of the adequately, and I am so impressed by them on a day by day basis. They are steadfast in their morals and their devotion to showing Christlike love to everyone. I am so happy that you loved the book and that it brought a smile to you.......the girls were happy to hear this as well. You are in our prayers and our thoughts......

    ReplyDelete