Friday, 9 May 2008

Reminder about Pangea Day...

Just a reminder about Pangea Day, in case anyone is interested in checking it out. I know I am. Ted have fantastic speakers and there are a heap of them coming up, I won't go into it myself but I will post the information for you below:

Next Saturday, May 10, 2008, is Pangea Day!

The program on Pangea Day, May 10, is a celebration of the power of film to unite us all. You'll see films that are funny -- sad -- gorgeous -- stark -- powerful. Voices that have never been heard before. Things you've never seen. Scenes from worlds you didn't know existed. A cross-section of our amazing, complicated, noisy, beautiful world. Tune in or find a viewing party to watch on May 10, 2008, at 6:00 PM GMT. Click here to find the many ways to watch.

And once you've seen inside so many other lives, we hope, you'll be moved to act. To become involved in a pressing issue -- to share your own video or photos -- to join a discussion that might move the world a bit further toward understanding.

Join us on Pangea Day!

I am pretty sure in my last post on this subject I said it was on Sunday in the US and Monday in Oz but according to this it is on Saturday! Anyway check out the links if you are interested. Take care, of yourselves and, of course, each other



8 comments:

  1. Morning friend....Beverly over at How Sweet The Sound..mentioned you on her blog so I wanted to come over and say hello..I am new to blogging and don't really know that much about everything...but I do know about people opening their hearts and caring for their fellowman..which you so obviously do..I will call your name out dear friend and pray that God breath on every cell and fiber of your being..May you have a beautiful Mother's Day weekend filled with love and laughter and memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know...I'm saying it yet again...I'm playing "catch up" with my blog reading. It happens more often than I ever thought possible. But I'm not complaining though. My life is full and happy, so sometimes I get behind.

    I was just thinking of you and hoping you're feeling good.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning...I am here from Beverly over at HOW SWEET THE SOUND...she is such a sweetie and so concerned for everyone. I love her to death.
    I just wanted you to know I am adding your name to our prayer list and since I am a STRONG believer in MIRACLES, this is what I pray for you! A healing and complete recovery.
    Happy Mother's Day to you and your beautiful children...it will be a wonderful day for you, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from New York, USA ! I am also coming over from Beverly'd blog. Thanks so much for telling us about Pangea Day! It's so interesting and I',m going to visit the links you've given.

    Have a good weekend!

    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Friday, Jen.

    Do you celebrate Mother's Day on the same date we do in the states - this Sunday? If so, I wish you a wonderful day with your family, and even if not, I still wish you the same.

    They are so blessed to have you in their lives, and you have been a blessing to your readers. I have asked by blogging friends to include you in their prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the reminder about Pangea Day. Because of your original post about it, my friend and I found a live event near us in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and will attend it on Saturday. We'll be thinking of you all the way over there in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dear Dot, thank you so much for your beautiful words. Your prayers mean a lot to me too. May you also have a beautiful Mothers Day filled with all that you wished for me. Again, thank you and I will look forward to hearing from you again soon. Take good care, Jen x

    Dear Kat, thanks for thinking of me and I am not feeling too bad, so I am grateful for that. I am glad that your life is full and happy, sounds wonderful. Take care my friend Jxx

    Dear bj, welcome to you too, I must thank dear Beverley for sending some lovely new people over to my blog. I haven't read her blog yet but am on my way over there just as soon as I have finished up here. Thank you so very much for adding me to your prayer list and for praying for a complete recovery for me, wouldn't that be just wonderful. You know I'm almost too scared to even think like that. I thank you my new friend and look forward to hearing from you again. Take good care, J xxx PS: Happy Mothers Day to you as well, I hope it is marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jen

    happy mumsy day my sweet friend... will try to call you this week.

    Carmel

    ReplyDelete