Sunday, 11 May 2008

Happy Mothers Day...












Happy Mothers Day to all the Mums that read this blog! I so hope you all had a wonderful, relaxing, pampering kind of day. I was really very lucky this Mothers Day, it was a real joy. Jack woke me this morning and first words out of his mouth as he leaned over and kissed me, were "Happy Mothers Day Mum, it's Mothers Day! Now you just stay in bed and I will get you your present and whatever you do, don't go in the kitchen if you get up because Jamie and I are making a surprise in there for you." Oh he was so excited, it was just gorgeous to see. He was bursting with love and wanting to give and wanting so very much to make me happy, I could have cried I was so touched (luckily I didn't since all he wanted was me to be happy, I would have given him a real fright). Anyway, Jack comes back with a present for me, all wrapped and decorated with stickers and things (thanks Lee for helping him wrap it and buying it for that matter), Jamie came in to watch me open it and also to bring me his gift to me. I opened Jacks first and it was a tiny little sterling silver Meer Cat charm for my mobile phone. He had bought it at the zoo so I could remember our day out there. So sweet, I shall treasure it. He even had a card for me, his Dad had brought one down with him last time he visited Jack and Jack had written in it by himself for me. It was a truly beautiful card. Then Jamie's turn, he gave me the most adorable fluffy (that's probably an understatement) pink slippers and a book on cancer that looks wonderful and very uplifting. He went shopping by himself to buy these for me and he just did so well, I love both things. Also a card which was loving and funny at the same time. I got a big hug and a kiss and then Jack, who was looking on all squirmy with love, came over and hugged and kissed us both. I tell ya, it was a Kodak moment.

Anyway, next thing, in comes breakfast which consisted of a cup of coffee and toast with Vegemite on it. The thought was wonderful, the coffee was dreadful and the toast had Vegemite about an inch thick on it lol. I surreptitiously swapped the coffee for a fresh one later on when no-one was looking. I even managed to eat one slice of the toast but just couldn't finish the rest, luckily the boys didn't stand over me watching me to make sure I 'enjoyed' it so I was able to get rid of the remainder of the toast too! Anyway, it was a funny, sweet, touching morning and I loved it.
I love my boys so much, I just felt so very loved standing there being hugged by both of them, big and small and it made me think, wow, look what I have, look, I have these beautiful people to love and cherish and just soak up and I felt a sense of gratitude well up inside me, if only I wasn't having to leave them behind, I would be totally happy and content, anyway let's not spoil a wonderful day by thinking about yucky, horrific things like that huh?

Now I am going to show you the photos, oh, you will have seen them up the top no doubt as blogger doesn't let you post them below the text. Well if they do, it certainly is not made apparent how to do it. Anyway as you can see they are my fluffy pink slippers.

The photo of my ankles are showing you just how swollen they are, I can't believe it, I can't even fit into my shoes or boots. My entire body is swollen up like this, even my face, I look like Moonface out of those books by Enid Blyton, you know 'The Enchanted Wood' series. I don't quite know why I am this puffy but I imagine it will be something to do with the chemo. Well, I naturally enough, felt a little sorry for myself so I went down to 'Officeworks' (one of my favorite stores) and got myself a webcam and a headset with microphone built in, hooked up to Skype and now I can talk to Meg over in the USA for hours if I want to for FREE, ZILCH, NADA, NOTHING I guess you get the picture. I can do videos, I could do a blog on video, I don't think I will, but I could. They are so inexpensive now (and mine was on sale :), have you seen the web cams, they are just a little ball (well my one is) and they just sit on top of your computer screen. Great fun!

Anyway my friends I'd better finish up here I guess, I have heaps of things to tell you but they're all little sorts of bitsy things. Once again,
Happy Mothers Day, I hope you were all treated the way you deserve to be. I do have another post partly typed up on the symptoms of colon cancer/bowel cancer, so I will post that very soon. For now, take good care of yourselves and each other.

23 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a nice Mothers' Day. Your boys are so sweet, kind, thoughtful - you've obviously given them a lot of sweet, kind, thoughtful love and it's coming back to you (with vegemite on!)

    Blogger messed with my font-size too and made one of my posts all huge font - I haven't been able to edit it after numerous tries.

    But you can move photos down in your post. Just grab them and move them down (after you've typed in the text). Try it. It works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy mother's day to you my dear. In Portugal it was on May 4th. I'm not a mother although I'm already 42... I celebrated this important day with my mother, she is a great companion and friend.
    Your sons are two lovely boys with a beautiful, lovely and caring mother!
    Sending love from this side of the blue planet,
    Bete

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got to love those pink fluffy feet - what breed of animal is that!!! Not so good about the swollen ankles though. The meerkat phone thingo is so cute - great present. Your boys are pretty special! What a lovely Mothers' Day.
    hugs
    K xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day...enjoy those boys today. I love the post about breakfast - so sweet! Hugs Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day!

    The slippers are just too cute and that little charm is a lovely reminder of a lovely day.

    Love to you.

    danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mother's Day!

    Lots of love and big hugs,
    j

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs and Happy Mother's Day to YOU!

    What sweet boys you have. I remember when my kids were small and still at home and how they would love to surprise me. So sweet. Cherish those times. I know you do. I love the charm idea...so sweet of Jack to think of a way for you to remember your special zoo day together. And those slippers look so cute and comfy.

    Hey, if you can call the US free and want to talk, e-mail me (my address is on my profile page) and I'll give you my number. I'd love to visit with you sweet friend.)

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Jen, I don't think I have commented before but wanted to say "Hi"! Your boys sound so sweet. Many blessings to you on this sacred day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best Slippers Ever....

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Mothers Day Jen
    Glad your day is starting out the way that it should be.
    God Bless
    Nicky from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely!, Lovely!, Lovely! You have done the "wreck my sinuses" thing ... YET AGAIN!! [loving smile] How I do adore this wondrous Love that You, Jamie, and Jack share. Such a marvelous thing! And if you would be so kind ... I would like to have a photo of the three of you on your private spot on my blog if you can tell me how that might be possible (pretty please [he grovels][smile.])

    Love You ever so much Jen, My Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day, I love the fluffy pink slippers ~ they are great.
    love and hugs,
    Tabitha XX

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do believe those boys adore you, and I am so glad you had a special Mother's Day together.

    Good girl for trying to eat what they made you. My son has grown to be quite a good cook, but I guess they have to begin somewhere.

    Love your presents.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, your Mother's Day sounds just perfect....exactly how you deserved it to be. A hug for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, your Mother's Day sounds just perfect....exactly how you deserved it to be. A hug for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Had to visit you today and say Happy Mother's Day to you! How wonderful that you have raised boys that can show love that way -- what a gift you gave them and the people who will share their lives. I'm so glad you had a lovely day.

    A lovely mother's day here down San Diego way, too -- and I ate 3-inch-thick, dry pancakes with a smile this morning, too! (Although that's nothing compared to an inch of vegemite -- yow!)

    Blessings to you,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dearest Jen,
    Wishing you a fabulous Mother's Day! I will write more later, but I am falling asleep, and must go to bed.
    Ruthie from California

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so happy for you that you had such a wonderful Mother's Day, and how wonderful were your presents!!! You are a great Mum and it's obvious how much your boys love you! I loved how they got you breakfast lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. your slippers and charm are fabulous !!!

    your boys love you so much and I love to read about them...they are so lucky to have you as a mum !!!

    {oh and the pictures and posting..wherever the cursor is last, is where your next move will be wether it's a photo or text...does that make sense?}

    ...So if your cursor is above a picture that's where your text will be and vice versa....

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have darling boys.

    The veggimite sp? toast reminds me of the time my Kamryn made me butter and toast (and yep butter is meant to be 1st LOL)

    I had the same trouble with my pictures, now what I do is upload them and then cut and paste them where I want them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. happy mothers day! i was wondering if you aussies celebrated it the same day as us americans :) so happy to see you had a wonderful mothers day jeni :) i love those fuzzy slippers and that necklace is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Jen,
    I am so happy that you have SKYPE! Isn't it WONDERFUL!!! Free, Free, Free!!! I bet it is great to see and speak to your friends at the same time! Maybe I will ring you up. username rjemps

    Ruthie From California

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful Mother's Day.
    I was thinking of you.
    You are such a good mama, so much love.

    ReplyDelete