Tuesday, 15 April 2008

Feelin' the Love...


Yes I am feeling the love from all of you lately, it is coming through loud and clear. Something really sweet happened to me the other day, well, actually it was more like a couple weeks ago now I guess but anyway I was home here, had been having a bad day with pain and worrying about leaving Jack etc, etc, you all know the deal. Anyway, I was doing something in the kitchen, trying to suck up the pain and the tears and there comes a knock at my door. I'm all like "oh no, I don't want anyone to see me like this (teary and miserable), I haven't got any energy to chat either for long", so I really hoped it wasn't someone popping in unexpectedly for a visit. All of these thoughts were going through my mind as I walked down to open the door. I opened it cautiously, saw that it was a courier delivery guy with a parcel for me. I signed his little electronic gadget and smiled through my tears at him with a somewhat mumbled 'thank you' He took off on his merry way after saying that he hoped the parcel would cheer me up a bit.

Well, it certainly did because when I opened it, wonder of wonders, it contained lots and lots of gorgeous pampering items for me, also a card. Of course I reached for the card first and read it, this time the tears plopping down my cheeks were tears of joy and gratitude because beautiful Bella from Beyond the Map blog, had sent it to me to help me to feel better. Oh how I love her! She has become such a dear friend and I just don't have words enough to describe how much her love and support have meant to me. She is the most beautiful woman, I am honoured that she calls me friend, she writes magnificently from her very soul, she hasn't ever met me before and has been instrumental in organizing an auction for me on EBay to raise money for things like acupuncture, massage, reiki, vitamins, even a trust fund for Jack. It all happens on the 24Th of April I think and it must be a huge amount of work for her. She also has the beautiful Meg Casey and Jen Lemen helping her but I just can't get my head around the fact that these 3 women who haven't ever met me in person would rally together and do something so wonderful for me. Anyway they have and that just shows you what kind of amazing and gracious women they are. So, back to the box, I open the box, read the card crying and then start to pull out the items that are packaged in there. Some absolutely stunning PJ's came out, keep in mind she hasn't ever met me, doesn't know my size or anything much about me and managed to choose the perfect fit, the perfect style, as if I were her sister and she shopped for me all the time. Speaking of sisters, mine loved the pyjamas so much they were quite envious lol! Then a gorgeous velvet pillow filled with aromatic herbs to lay across my eyes and relax with. Some absolutely gorgeous wine votive's filled with candle wax with scents like champagne and strawberries (yum), chardonnay and figs (sigh) and Madeira and apricots. So gorgeous. Some ginger/citrus body butter, ginger citrus soap, a beautiful little journal and pen set, it was just filled with pampering, thoughtful things that were so obviously bought to help me to feel better. Such a heart this woman has that I am humbled by it. She has gone out of her way to help me, I don't know why, I certainly don't feel as though I deserve it, she is just a gift sent from God I guess, plucked out from miles across the ocean, I wish she were closer so I could give her a big hug and tell her how special she is whilst looking her in the eye. This will have to suffice as I cannot get across the ocean to her and even if I could I need to stay here where I can get my treatment and pain medications. I just want her to know how much it meant to me receiving that gift on that day. Knowing that she thought about me, she carefully chose each item designed to relax me or do me some good in some way, was just so very special and still floods my heart with warmth when I think on it. Thank you so much Bella, your name suits you perfectly, Bella = Beautiful, what a truly appropriate connection. I wish I had a photograph of the pyjamas so you could see how elegant and lovely they are, I may actually take one but will have to be tomorrow as it is night time here and the light isn't good enough to do them justice.

Anyway, that is just about enough from me, I just wanted to share something that made me happy and that was so sweet with all of you because I know you all care about me and would be happy to know that something so lovely was done for me. I actually have so many stories to tell you all and I will but just one at a time perhaps. You may be hearing from me a lot on this blog in the coming weeks, I must be feeling a little better I guess if I can think with joy about all the things I want to tell you about. Well I'll take it slowly and just enjoy each moment. The beauty of writing is that you get to enjoy moments twice, once when they happen and again when you relive them to write about them. Take care my dear sweet friends, keep praying for me because I really want to be writing to you for a lot longer yet. Love and Hugs Jen xxx.

30 comments:

  1. How cool was that! Nothing like an unexpected box of treats when you are feeling down. What a beautiful thing to do for you.
    Hugs and prayers,
    K xx

    ps: Don't forget the pj photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bella is so lovely. i'm so glad her gift blessed you and arrived when you needed a lift. it's no wonder though that so many people you have never met feel connected to you. you're a wonderful soul jen, and you're reaching out in your own way to draw us in and create all of this love. blessings dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful!

    Love and hugs to you, my friend,
    j

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen

    What a wonderful and timely surprise. Bella sounds like a beautiful person so I'll have to give her a visit. I'm so glad her package made you happy. I hope you're feeling good today.

    Hugs sweet friend!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like a lovely big hug from across the ocean. Take care sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful.

    What a lovely thing Bella did. I am inspired by her thoughtfulness.

    I think about you so often, Miss Jen. I think about what you are doing in Australia while I am cleaning up the breakfast dishes in Colorado. I hope that you are sleeping peacefully and pain free.
    And that you wake up to a fresh new day with all of the optimism and grace a new beginning has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet, dear Jeni. Perhaps we were sisters in another life? :)
    Because this is how are friendship feels, a bond neither of us needs to understand or explain and can simply rest within.
    I love you.b

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! That is so special and wonderful. I am really glad that you have been blessed with such wonderful friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This makes my day. How sweet and thoughtful Bella. Maybe you do not know how easy it is to love you Jen. You are a loving amazing woman and mom. Just your words lift me up and really, lifting you up is what we all want to do. But you have a gift that you spread to us all. What a blessing you are. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can only hope for you more of these wonderful moments. I hope to have just a little bit of the perspective you have some day. Bless you and keep the beautiful stories coming. You are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops! I was so caught up in selecting excerpts to post on my "Jen Update" on my blog ... that I almost forgot to leave you a bit of a note (but came back REAL quick when my "senior moment" was discovered. [smile])

    Your "voice" sounds (appropriately guardedly) much more 'comfortable' today, My Dear One. You are in ... I mean really in my thoughts and prayers every day. Bella and 'company' are Angels! And I am so happy to hear of their ministrations to your comforts and other needs. Please do permit your Self to bask in all of these heavenly expressions of divine Love.

    I am constantly, and unceasingly Loving You!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely treat, I hope that you have some time to pamper yourself, enjoy it - you really do deserve it.
    Take care and look forward to reading lots more posts from you.
    With love and hugs,
    Tabitha X

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a lovely surprise, Jen. (I LOVE pyjamas - in fact I think I have a pyjama addiction :) and could never have enough pairs) Hope you enjoy pampering and treating yourself with all those lovely gifts.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'm all for gifts and packages for grownups. I am so glad you got one. can't wait to see the pajamas.
    you are in my prayers. it has been a trying day for me and i am torn. but i believe that God is always on my side.
    I am so in awe that you write your blog regularly. I know I am a stranger to you, but I want you to know that I am not someone who is lurking about with some fascination into your private life. I am humbled by your words, admire you as a woman who is going through much and above all - feeling the heart of a mother. which i am too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely treat! I love that Bella had the vision and drive to surprise you with such divine things - almost like Christmas all over again.
    Glad to see you posting - and sounding good, too.
    Be well...
    xo,
    Cate from Cal

    ReplyDelete
  16. you need to know that there are more people thinking about you than you can imagine :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing Bella's gifts with us. I feel pampered and uplifted just reading about them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful wonderful, Jen! I feel like the luxury and love of that package has touched me all the way over here, just reading your words about it. Sending you lots of distance Reiki!
    Miracles,
    k-

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those women - Bella, Jen Lemen, Meg - really show what friendship can be, and love. I can imagine the impact of a gift package like that when you're feeling as low as you were then. You deserve it all, and more.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bella is a real gem, and so are you Jen. I have been so touched by you and by all the love surrounding you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, Jen, what a lovely thing to do for you! Bless you, Bella. Thinking of you and sending prayers your way.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Girl...you sound so positive and happy. What a thoughtful thing for Bella to do. Glad that she made your day.

    Stay strong...sending love your way.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. how are you doing today?
    Muneera

    ReplyDelete
  24. How wonderful - what a treasure from such a thoughtful friend. Enjoy the comfort all those lovely goodies will bring.
    Hugs to you
    Wx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, what a wondrous gift and who could be more deserving than wondrous you? We can feel the love all around the world and love is healing as are you, dear, dear, Jeni.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't seem to get you out of my head. Sending much love, strength and peace your way.

    All my warm thoughts ...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Jen - you are so loved.

    I'm taking a week off from the blogosphere, but wanted to peek in on you and to let you know you're always on my mind.

    xo Jena

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a wonderful and timely surprise to someone that deserves it!

    Take care and receive my virtula hugs from Toronto, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sorry I haven't been around much, but I do think of you and jack often. Now I need to go and research what this auction is all about and if there is some way that I can help. Hope you are feeling the best you possibly can.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm thinking of you, today, Jen. It's 2pm on Friday, in Colorado, 6am (on Saturday?) in Australia.

    I hope you have had a restful night's sleep and wake up to a painfree day stretching out before you.

    ReplyDelete