Sunday, 2 March 2008

Beautiful Things...








Well I do have some happy things to share today. To start with the photos of lots of trees... if you peer through the trees you can see a little boy playing deep in there...well they make me incredibly happy and I'll explain why. Yesterday it was a gorgeous sunny day here, the kind of bright, golden sun that makes the green of the trees even more delicious than usual. My son Jack was playing outside, I was inside in my kitchen and just looked up from what I was doing every now and then only to see him running and darting around the yard, under the trees, between the trees, onto the swing, then jumping off and running somewhere else. It was so beautiful to watch from the kitchen windows that I was inspired to grab my camera and try to capture what I was seeing. I caught a couple of moments, not nearly the colors that were really present at the time but still enough to give an idea of what he was doing I think. He was just so happy and it was such innocent play.

Secondly, I received a parcel about a week ago in my letter box. It was from one Meg Casey, it contained a gorgeous card, a CD with a very neatly written list of title and artist of every song and included was the most beautifully colored and hand knitted scarf I have ever had the good fortune to own. There is a story attached to the scarf which Meg wrote in the lovely card she included in my parcel. It goes like this..."this yarn comes from Tibet - it is silk and made by a women's collective that recycles silk and saris. The parts that can't be saved are shredded and spun into yarn." She then goes on to say that she "loves the idea of 1000's of women who wore those beautiful silk clothes, those who spun them into yarn - surrounding me and helping me to heal." And this "I love the symbolism of renewal intrinsic in this yarn. I hope it reminds you of what an inspiration you are and how you are loved." So beautiful huh? I know, words fail me, this gorgeous scarf arrived in time for me to be able to wear it to chemo, so it came with me the first chemo session and will be coming with me for everyone after that. It offers me comfort and it does
feel healing. Anyway I wanted to capture the colors in the scarf which is why I hung it up outside in the bright sunlight, draped over my cherub as I thought this appropriate. Thank you so very much Meg, you are a true friend and soul sister and I am thankful every single day that I have you in my life. I love you and I feel so much love in return when I wear this scarf - which will be so very often.

Next happy thing is that I have found my inspiration to continue scrapbooking. I have started and almost finished a layout about Jack and Christmas. Next will be one about Jamie and our traditions and thoughts on Christmas. The only thing left to do on Jack's is a whole heap of journaling which is why you can see a large white space-it will eventually be filled with handwriting. Also on the page opposite you can see little tags, some are inside the paper and you can only see the tops sticking out and one is sitting on top of the paper, you can just see a white area, this is also for journaling. Each tag will have a memory of Christmas written on it and hidden behind the patterned paper. You can see a little tag with the word 'pull' on it and this is where you pull it out and it will have a special memory written on it! Sweet huh?

Also, my dear friend Lee, came over Saturday morning and spent the day with me, we sat outside on the lounges and just talked and lazed in the sunshine. It was a little piece of Heaven.

Then late in the afternoon my sister popped in with a whole basket of freshly purchased fruit for me. Also a big bunch of gorgeous flowers. The fruit contained all the things I love to eat and some special things that are so good for the body whilst trying to heal from cancer, such as blueberries. I also got strawberries, nectarines, peaches, grapes, canteloupe/rockmelon, watermelon and more, some cucumbers, avocados's and that sort of thing also. Just beautiful. So we sat outside for the late afternoon and ate gorgeous, sweet fruit. It was just wonderful. So all in all a wonderful day. Also my son Jamie had come home the night before and was staying again tonight so that was another reason I was feeling so happy. The night before we had gone on a night walk and searched for possums, Jack just loved it. Anyway, I couldn't have asked for a nicer couple of days and I feel so blessed and well loved at this moment, so I wanted to share with all of you my dear new friends and supporters. It is nice for you to hear when some good things happen for me as I know it makes you happy too because that is how kind and beautiful you are, you will rejoice in me having some happiness and being shown some love.

44 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that your sister came over. If I was in the sort of pain you are, I think I might be a wee bit cranky. So thank you for sharing your blessings with us.
    You are in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you've have a couple of lovely days that you can sit back relax with friends and family and enjoy it all. Yesterday was a beautiful day....just perfect I can just imagine you all sitting back and enjoying all that fresh fruit, chatting and laughing. You so deserve those sort of days, and watching Jack and his imaganitive plays how precious. Nothing beats children and their imaganinations.
    Take Care and I hope to be seeing you soon, if you're up to it.

    cheers

    Leeanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such simple gifts, so sweet when we stop to notice, to be aware, to let it come and go as it pleases.
    The sunshine, your boy playing in the yard, gifts of love and fresh fruit.
    This makes me smile to think of you, surrounded with this beauty, loving yourself.
    I love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are indeed beautiful moments. Keep seeing the beauty in each and every day. It's good for your body and your soul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen this is the best post ever. Reading your words and picturing you there watching your Jack run and play puts a big smile on my face. The gift from Meg is so filled with meaning and love. I think there is something so dear about you ,your sweet spirit perhaps but whatever it is touches my heart every time I come here. It is such a blessing for us all to picture you there with Lee and your sister and Jack all eating your fresh fruit and laughing. I wish you many more of these days. Thank you for sharing with us. You are so right, it does make us all very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like you had a glorious weekend, Jen. And that scarf - wow - it's wonderful. So cosy and warm and soft and divinely beautiful. What a truly amazing gift. You will certainly look stunning and exotic every time you head off to chemo in that gorgeous piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos of your little man, and the scarf is beyond beautiful. Thank you for sharing all this with us. :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, for happy days! You so deserve them, wrapped around you like your beautiful scarf. Enjoy, treasure -- have more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love you too.
    I am so thrilled you had such a couple of beautiful wonderful days full of joy. It makes my heart sing to think of you sitting in the sun. Wrapping my arms around you from over here xo xo
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jen,

    We are so happy reading your post, we are so happy because you had a lovely few days to sit back and relax and enjoy the moment. The fruit is amazing they say, keep that up, they are all powerful and good for you! And the trees are so beautiful you are so right. Your scarf is lovely, how nice of Meg, you need that now it is getting so cool at night!

    We have closed our Blog for now Jen whilst we travel but just wanted to say hi, see how you are doing and give you a (((hug)))

    Jenn and Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohhhh, it's so good to hear "happy" in your voice while you are writing !!!

    prayers are still being sent to everyday and here's a hug as well !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying for you so often and for a miracle to just erase all of the cancer from your lovely body. You are such a sweet and loving mom with a generous spirit.
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. It makes me happy that you had such a great couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Pretty Lady,
    So glad to see the pictures of your beautiful boy playing. Also to hear you sound upbeat. (Oh, love the scrarf too~) You are an inspiration to me, as I know others have said. I hope you are feeling well and I conitnue to pray for you and I will be lighting a candle at church for you and your boys. My wish is for your to have many, many more good days with your family, Love and big hugs to you Jen~Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful update. So gladdened to hear of your sister's visit. And the 1000 women...healing...wrapped around you...such an image.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So nice to hear of you shining in a glorious day! i hope that there and many many more!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, how happy I am to read your post today. I'm smiling from ear to ear! Your happiness is shining through in your words. God is good...all the time! The scarf is gorgeous and I 'm sure will bring you lots of comfort. I know watching Jack play was a special time.

    Hugs sweet friend!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  18. It sounds like a lovely, warm, bear hug.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't know you but the way you write makes me feel as if I'm peering over your shoulder, watching these happy events unfold.

    SO happy you've had some sweet treats to go with the sweet people in your life. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Jen,

    This was my first visit to your blog. What I leave it with is a wonder at the lack of awareness so many people have to the beauty around them in the simplest things.

    They say to stop and smell the roses - and you do. Slowing down and looking around us is so difficult in our busy, go-go-go stressful lives.

    You've given me a reminder in my own go-go-go life to stop and enjoy and breathe.

    Thank you. I'll be back!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  21. So happy to see that you've had some joyful moments lately. Your photos through the kitchen window are wonderful, really capturing the moment.
    I love the history behind your scarf too. What a treasure!
    see you soon
    Wx

    ReplyDelete
  22. The weather was fabulous all weekend - perfect for ourside games. I used to love to watch my lot play outside like that in their own worlds. The scarf is beautiful - a happy thing to keep with you. Layout is looking good too.
    hugs
    K xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so happy that you had some lovely days. The way you describe them, they sound perfect...so simple and happy. Thank you for sharing them with us all...

    annie

    ReplyDelete
  24. We are all thinking of you and wishing you the very best. Your illness can be beat with positive thinking. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the love that you are getting and passing on to us and beyond. Thank you and smiles to the collective of women... from those who wove to those who wear... brilliant threads that tie, never bind.

    ReplyDelete
  26. glad to hear you had some sunshine in your weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ooooh, I love the idea of having "pull" tags in scrapbooks! And the "1000s of women" imagery of your scarf... so vivid and beautiful.

    Your ability to see and appreciate the good in this world is *wonderful*, and I always come away from your blog feeling blessed to view the world through your eyes for a bit. So thank you for bringing sunshine to OUR lives...

    Sending hugs from the U.S.,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  28. It does make me happy for you that you have these days, these special loving people in your life, and that you are able to enjoy all those pleasures in the moment, in that beautiful green day. I loved the picture you painted of Jack's carefree game. Thank you for letting us share this day, too. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  29. i feel nourished just hearing about these beautiful things, and beautiful you, sharing your gifts. bless you jen. i'm thinking of you often, and continuing to lift you up.

    ReplyDelete
  30. sunshine. silk. ripe berries and a good conversation. sounds like a slice of alright. xo

    ReplyDelete
  31. thank you for the reminder. life is in the small sweet moments, the colors of the world around us, the friends and family we have.
    you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey Jen,
    Your sister came over...yay! Sorry, I was reading your blog in chronological order.

    What a beautiful day with Jack, sis and Lee... the trees, amazing scarf with the great history and songs and luscious fruit. I'm exceptionally happy that you took the time to revel in the day's beauty - that's such a gift that I often forget to notice.

    You're doing an amazing job with the scrapbooks for the boys and I really love the pockets where things are hidden - plus, the handwriting that you're doing, too. That's something that I cherish from my dad and mom - their handwritten notes which are perfectly imperfect.

    Wishing you many more beautiful days like this tucked into years to come!
    xo,
    Cate

    ReplyDelete
  33. the scarf sounds just perfect, the moments with family even more so, and the scrapbook sounds amazing! what gifts you share with us. thanks! megan from california

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello,

    I come to your blog via Bella (beyondthemap)... these photos are indeed beautiful... I find you and your little one the most beautiful of all...

    Love and (((HUGS))) to you!

    ReplyDelete
  35. oh jen, i am so happy to see that your days are being spent on the joyous ...the simple joys of living. fresh flowers, fresh fruit, your children...scarves, music, warmth of the sunshine, friendship...photographs.

    it warms my heart to hear that you are inspired to work on your scrapbooks. you are so lovely. too lovely to be sad. i am praying for you sweet friend,
    hugs
    shelbi
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  36. A nice post, difficult to follow with a comment for me who usually is never short of words, stay strong and enjoy the love.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I always want to stop by here and see how you are doing, but I have to prepare myself emotionally, because every time I think of you I want to break down. But you do make me behave myself and be a better mom - thank you with all my heart.

    Do the journaling. Write it all down.

    Again, you are an amazing example of strength and beauty and I appreciate your wisdom and pray for your comfort.

    B

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh Jen, Your words never fail to reach deep into my heart and to remind me just how much I take those little things for granted sometimes. I pray that this has been an easier week for you in your treatments. You have come into my life by pure chance right at the right time.. I think to give me that clarity that I was missing in my own situation. Your adoration and love for your children, family and friends is inspiring. Hugs to you Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  39. hi jen, just popping in tonight before i turn out the light...i am thinking of you and said many prayers for you today.

    may GOD wrap His arms of comfort around you today..and always.

    you are in my heart...
    xoxo
    GOD BLESS
    shelbi

    ReplyDelete