Monday, 28 January 2008

My 100th Post...










Well it is perhaps fitting that this, my 100th blog post, is of my 39th Birthday which we celebrated last evening with a bang (okay admittedly quite a soft bang, but nevertheless a bang). It was a happy occasion and I was spoilt. I didn't have to do a thing, everyone bought a plate of something delicious, homemade (from scratch) warm, herb bread served with a selection of fresh dips, mmmmm yum! A lovely Mexican Dip which is more like a meal than a dip, filled with fresh chunks of tomato, purple onion, cheeses, oh heaven and a lovely big fruit platter piled high with huge cherries, watermelon slices, cantaloupe/rock melon, grapes both green and purple, cheeses, everything fresh and delightful, tiny mini-sandwiches with all sorts of wonderful fillings and then of course lovely icy cold bottles of champagne - it was perfect. Oh and not to mention those beautiful cakes made for me by my sister, they are so pretty I am to scared to eat them, although Jack enjoyed them without hesitation lol..All this and more was provided and set out on tables under my shady trees. It was the perfect way to celebrate my birthday this year considering the pain I've been in (am still in for that matter), I was also extremely tired so it was lovely to not have to do anything. In fact when my first guest arrived, (my sister) I was curled up on my bed sound asleep lol! Anyway, we just sat outside, it was a beautiful day, the kids played together and we just talked and laughed and enjoyed each other and the food. A lovely restful afternoon and just what I needed. I was made to feel very special and loved and that was lovely, now I just have to go and choose my lounge suite, I haven't been up to doing that yet and my family don't want to go ahead and just get one for me, they want me to choose, which is fair enough but I just haven't been out of pain long enough to go and do it, never mind a couple more days and I should be ready to go shopping. For my brand, new, special, comfy, lounge suite....Hooray!!!

4 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes do look too good to eat. I love your tea set and cakes stand - so pretty. Pleased you had such a lovely day.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your birthday celebration was so wonderful...and congrats on the 100th post. Here's to another year full of possibility!
    xo
    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Jen! Eat one of those for me, would you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cupcakes are stunning.
    Oh, happy Birthday to you.
    A cause for celebration.
    I'm raising my glad to toast you, you and your couragous heart.
    love to you.

    ReplyDelete