Thursday, 3 January 2008

Affirmations...

Affirmations are said to be used in the present tense. You do not say things like "I will be filled with health and wellbeing." You say "I am now filled with health and well being." This is often very difficult as while you are saying whatever affirmation it is that you are working with, you are mostly right in the midst of the pain, the weight gain, the headaches, the financial burdens and all the other problems humans suffer from. It can make you feel very silly saying that these things are now all okay, when in actual fact they are far from it - which is why we are often saying the particular affirmation in the first place. Still, this is the way to do it, so this is what I have been affirming to myself recently and will continue to do so:

In the infinity of life where I am,
all is perfect, whole, and complete.
I accept health as the natural state of my being.
I now consciously release any mental patterns
within me that could express as dis-ease in any way.
I love and approve of myself.
I love and approve of my body.
I feed it nourishing foods and beverages.
I exercise it in ways that are fun.
I recognize my body as a wondrous
and magnificent machine, and I feel
privileged to live in it. I have lots
of energy. All is well in my world. By Louise Hay.

So you see what I mean, this would be the ideal for me and yet I am nowhere near it, however, I am willing to try working on myself in this way as well as with medicine so, although I feel somewhat silly, I do this affirmation, place some faith in it and say to myself, it can't hurt.

3 comments:

  1. In Jewish tradition, faith follows action. You do something over and over, say lighting candles every Friday night even if you don't really "believe" in Shabbat - and slowly, over time, maybe even imperceptibly, the meaning of it simply happens, making its way into your reality. I've always loved this teaching - kind of takes the pressure off.

    You say you are nowhere near it. Maybe you are now here - closer than you think. Maybe saying the affirmations is that little space.

    xo Jena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen I've typed and deleted so many comments here and I just can't seem to come up with the right thing to say. If I could see you I would just like to give you a hug and sit with you so you can talk or not..I am so sorry to hear you are in so much pain.

    Thinking of you always

    Cheers

    Leeanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes I agree with Jena here. Yes--tell yourself that your body supports you. Say it over and over again--even if you don't believe it and amazing things will happen. I am thinking of you my dear. With you in spirit.
    xo
    Love meg

    ReplyDelete