Friday, 21 December 2007

The Grinch...

Yes, I am ashamed to say I am behaving like the Christmas Grinch today. In fact the Christmas Grinch has nothing on me. I have been in the worst mood. It started this morning when I woke up terribly late (almost noon). Jack had got up earlier and put the cartoons on and just amused himself so I just slept on and on and on ...you get the picture. Anyway I got up to find my phone dead, no dial tone at all. I picked it up and immediately water poured out of it. I have a leak (I didn't realize it) coming from the frame of one of my windows, the one right near where I have the phone, and my computer, printer, scanner and everything else electrical that a person could possible have. Luckily it was only the phone that died, I have an old one that has a terrible sound on it and you have to push the buttons so hard to dial, in the shed, so in comes the old one. Then, of course, I had to move all the electrics which was not easy, especially when you're still half asleep. The house looks like a bomb has hit it, the child won't eat, my wisdom tooth is throbbing. Anyway I am so behind on the Christmas shopping, I thought I'd go down to Mornington, Jack and Jamie could sit and eat ice-cream and Jamie had agreed to take Jack to the park for a while so I could get some shopping done. Well, as soon as we got to Mornington, down came a torrential downpour the likes of which hasn't been seen here for a couple of years. I couldn't see a thing, cars were crawling along, those which hadn't come to a complete standstill. Anyway I raced into the Doctors (had to pick up scripts to get me through the holidays season) raced back out and had to go home. I did try to go to the under ground shopping centre but it was packed, cars waiting half way down the street trying to get in. Started driving back up here, the rain slows and finally stops, so I head to Frankston thinking I'll get some stuff done there. I got a park reasonable easily, even started getting into the swing of shopping, there were some buskers singing Christmas Carols, all was good. That's when the little boy started. Whining and whinging and nagging to go home. He had aching legs, he was hungry, he was tired. I gave up in disgust, gave up my good car spot, gave up the roll I was on and came home. As I was leaving I noticed how many more were arriving, so I doubt I'll get another car space that close again later....

Anyway, I'm back home, I'm going to have some comfort food, breathe deeply, find my Christmas Spirit, get the boys cozy with fish n chips tonight, a couple Christmas movies, some munchies, then hit the shops, alone. I may go to Chadstone, which is open 24 hours, surely I will have to get something done there. I only hope there aren't too many silly folk out there like me that have left it to the last minute....Wish me luck and I wish all of you luck on this obstacle path that we call Christmas Shopping. PS: My children have heard me use language that would make a sailor blush today too! Not good...

No comments:

Post a Comment