Sunday, 25 November 2007

A Little Bit Lighter...









Well after yesterday's post which was a little on the miserable side to say the least, I thought I'd lighten things up a little today. I must be feeling better! I did have a great nights sleep, 12 hours, which has done me the world of good.

Anyway I just thought I'd share the Xmas Spirit which is slowly starting to make it's way into our home. Jack and I have been making some decorations and chocolates and just trying to encourage the Xmas Spirit and make it welcome. So the photos are of a very proud little 6 year old that has just finished painting his decoration ready to add some glitz or bling to put on our tree.

He also made some gorgeous Xmas Chocolates of which he is deservedly proud. I entered into the fun too and started on the aqua colored ball for our tree. I also bought some of the clear balls ready to place something sweet inside.

Anyway, I'll let the photos tell the story mostly but we intend on doing a lot more things like this as it makes us happy. I think when you only have one young child you have to work a bit harder to make Xmas fun, so by doing these kinds of things we are creating traditions and memories that just make the lead up to the actual day nicer. I hope you enjoy sharing in some of our 'lightness of spirit' and perhaps get inspired to create some Xmas decorations yourselves. Enjoy!!!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you're having a lot of fun creating Christmas traditions! Thanks for your comment on my blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That all looks fab and yummy, It's so much fun to create and create those xmas traditions together.

    cheers

    Leeanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks sweet, especially Jack in the photos (butter wouldn't melt)!

    Sorry to read about your cat :(

    Keep smiling and creating.
    Wx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen,

    Chocolates look great, sorry I have not dropped by have been a little busy have not blogged myself for awhile. Sorry about puss, we all become very attached to our animals. Must catch up soon
    Love Deb Ross

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see the sparkle of happiness in his eyes. So glad you feeling up to some fun.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete