Friday, 31 August 2007

The Dreaded Lurgy...

Hello dear friends. Unfortunately, my plans for my shed/studio, are on hold for the moment as I have come down with the 'dreaded lurgy'. Really, really not good, I am coughing so hard and I can't afford to as my liver surgery is still quite recent, and not completely healed up yet, and I am so afraid I am going to burst something. I already hurt in places around the surgery site. Anyway a darling friend of mine, who doesn't read blogs, but she's still a darling friend of mine,lol, went out before work today and got me my scripts from my doctor, then went and got lemonade, codrals, etc, from the pharmacy for me. Thank goodness for friends huh? We have known each other since we were 4 years old. Our Mum's went to the same high school, they weren't close, but knew each other, then our Mums ended up in hospital together having us. So we are only a few days apart too. Then we ended up at the same kinder, then the same primary school, a short time at secondary, because I moved to another school. She also ended up living down the road from me while growing up, literally, 3 minutes walk away. Now we are still the best of budds and our sons, you won't believe this, are 4 weeks apart, now in the same class at school. History seems to be repeating itself. Now that's meant to be...

Anyway I got a bit sidetracked, I will have to do a post about great friendships, that'd be fun. So back to my original point, the shed/studio, is still a shed. Hopefully I'll start getting a bit better now that I have antibiotics, but I tell ya this is not pleasant, I am aching, blocked everything, can't taste anything or smell anything...poor me (indulge me please, I am feeling sorry for myself)lol.

Okay had my whinge, so I'll go take a lie down now, I've put a movie on for Jack in the hope I can grab a nap. Wish me luck. He'll be back at school on Monday (I think), fingers crossed anyway, he's getting bored so he must be feeling better.
Take care of yourselves and each other, I'll post again soon about some special friendships, and maybe you could too...Be kind to you today.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I hope you are feeling better very soon. What a great friend you have and both of you are so lucky to have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what you don't need you poor thing. What would we do without our friends hey!! God bless them.
    Hope you get over this quickly, look after yourself.

    Leeanne x

    ReplyDelete