Wednesday, 29 August 2007

Art Studio Project...









I can't seem to stop blogging at the moment. So much to say and share, I LOVE blogs, what a great tool, a great way to share and feel connected (I wish more people would leave comments though)big thankyou to the ones who do, I really love getting a comment, it's just a nice thing in your day. Anyway what I'm blogging about today is a project I have decided to start. I have started today. I have this great shed down in the backyard of my home and I believe it's just begging to be used as an art studio. It has power, plenty of power points, great lighting, plus natural sky lighting, it is plastered, not completely sealed in the big area but is completely sealed in the small little office area. Anyway above are some of the photos of the outside area and some of the inside I've taken. I actually can't get the entire inside in one photo so I've taken pictures of different sections, as you can see there is plenty of room. I have given it a vaccuum and a dust and that's all I've done so far, but, hey, you gotta take your time. No, really I want to rush at it like a bull at a gate, but unfortunately don't have the strength to bring desks from the house out to the shed oh sorry studioand to move some of the heavy stuff where I want it. Soooo, I have to wait till my oldest son, Jamie, gets home tonight and he'll give me a hand. Now I know it doesn't look much at the moment, but that's where the fun part comes in. I'm going to share with you each step of the way as I turn it into my own private, peaceful, inspiring, sanctuary. That wire bed frame leaning up against the wall could be great for hooking up stickers, rubons, embellishments, etc. (Maybe). I may even paint it. Not quite sure yet, but I'll do something with it and see how it looks. I think I'll even make a little sign to hang on the outside that says something like "The Studio" (original huh??), well I'll give the name some thought, but you get the idea, it'd be kind of cute seeing the sign down through all the trees. The shed is right down at the bottom of my garden as I think you can see from one of the photos I took. I took it from the back door of my home so you could get an idea of where it's situated. Anyway any ideas are more than welcome and I'll keep you posted on the progress. Take care of yourselves and each other.

3 comments:

  1. wow, what a great space to make your own! You lucky girl.

    Thanks so much for the comment concerned for my health. I have a couple of days that are terribly busy, but otherwise my days are pretty nice. My husband does most the laundry, grocery shopping and yardwork......so my afternoons are spent doing fun house stuff and blogs. No worries my friend. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how exciting! I can't wait to see how "The Shed Studio" develops.

    You've got me thinking about the bungalow we have out the back of our place. (Don't mention it to Peter though, he might have a heart attack and die on the spot if he knew my plans. lol)
    Wx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that!!! What a great space that will be, looking forward to seeing the work in progress.

    Have a lovely day.
    Cheers
    Leeanne x

    ReplyDelete